Tuesday, February 26, 2008

UniGuide n AskMe

Last week, I was staying in my friend's house while looking for a flat. Finally, I have got 1, it is a student flat, flatting with 1 kiwi guy, his 2 sisters, and a french girl. But anyway, the funniest part is today, it was just AWESOME!!!!!!!
I have been in UNi second year now. I have now found that it is so so so interesting. Why I said that? Wasn't I enjoying the uni life so far? Yes, I do. But it is now different, because usually I only went to school, and came back. But today I went to be a uniguide, what it is? Is just being a guide for the new students, because now is the new year, new sem, and there are so many new students here, so we are here trying to help them about everything in the uni. Can you believe that? I mean like I am a small little Asian, and told the Europeans about my Uni, that's awesome right? At the beginning, everyone of us needed to talk to the new kids(but actually they look much more mature than me). I was talking in front of a few hundred new students, about my experience and my tips to survive in the uni, this is the first time for me in the Uni, and I said, "grab your every single opportunity, don't miss it, and also grab the free stuffs here in this week". And it has now become "my sentence", because everyone now knows me because of this sentence. Then in my group, 2 Kiwis, a Samoan, a Sri Lankan, 2 Chinese and Japanese. For a few hours, I brought them around the uni, talked to them to make them feel free, communicate with them, and I also need to follow up with them, to help them whenever they meet any problem and to get into this new uni experience. The experice is just SO MUCH FUN!!!! Because when u try to help the new kids, some of them appreciate it, and I just feel like, I am a part of the Uni, I am here. When I walked in the Uni, everyone was asking me like, "Where are your kids? Hows the tour going?" Everyone around you like knows you now, a spotlight right on you. WHen we finished, everyone of us shares our experience or what we meet along our way, that is just GREAT!!! This girl is one of my best team mate here, so helpful and funny.


Once I finished that, and have some lunch. I went to change my shirt, from red to blue, which with some words "AskMe". I was wearing that, walking around the uni, tried to help some lost students and also helped them to sort out their questions. A similar job, also interesting. And people just appreciate us so much. I now just know that, what's the realy key to survive here... There are alot more to go. I love it now!!! MUackz.....

No comments: