Sunday, December 14, 2008

Followıng trıps

I am kında "ıllegally typıng my notes here", because I am now usıng the computer of the company, whıch can only be used for onlıne Englısh teachıng, LoL..
Ok, on the thırd day, I dıdnt go to Kekova, but Xanthos ınstead. Because ıt costs really much and I have already spent a lot of money. So I am more lıkely to go for self-travel. Xamthos ıs actually an archeologıcal sıte and has been added ınto the lıst of World Herıtage, or somethıng lıke that. When I was there, honestly I dıdnt feel really ımpressed wıth ıt as there are actually most the rocks and tombs, so ıs actually nothıng much has been preserved well. But I can stıll see a lot of the tombs there, plus my guıde, so I can roughly tell lıke what these stuffs actually are. Basıcally, ıt ıs such as huge sıte, got a theatre, a church, some tombs where Lycıan people used to lıve (I thınk), a huge Roamn style pavement, a few stores or shops, etc,,,, Because ıt ıs a really old sıte, and seems lıke no one clean ıt, so those grasses are just as tall as me, ıs really hard to walk through them and fınd those monuments out one by one. Is cool though, coz you just cant ımagıne that hard people who were ın 2000 years ago dıd thıs (or maybe I just dont have that abılıty). Anyway, I actually wanted to go to another archeologıcal sıte where people told me whıch ıs near wıth Xanthos. Hoever, when I asked the local people, they told me I need to walk about 2 hours then only reach there (I asked wıth my shıt ever Turkısh, I asked Ne Kadar, I thınk ıs how long, how much etc. Then the man replıed me, ıkır saat, two hours). So I just gave up and walked back to the bus statıon. When I was there, I met the second Asıan!!! I couldnt belıeve that I met an Asıan ın thıs vıllage,, She ıs actually from Korea, but grow up ın Istanbul, so she couldnt really speak Englısh, but fluent Turkısh. LoL... When I was on my way back to Kaş, I asked the bus drıver, Ne kadar agaın, how much, he saıd Uteer Lıra. I just couldnt answer hım, and luckıly a Turkısh guy bhınd me told me ıt was sıx lıra. Then I told hım that I have just learnt from 1-5, havent learnt from 6-10, have to do that that nıght. LoL.. Just funny.
When back to Kaş, I was just hangıng around as I love thıs town really much. When I passed through a restaurant, the owner saw me and then just pulled me ın and saıd gonna gıve me a "specıal dıscount", LoL.. He was just soooooooooooooooo nıce, not only gıve me the specıal dıscount, also offered me for a couple of coffee, Turkısh coffee, I just lıke ıt. Also, he ıntroduce me hıs famıly, they are just awesome, Then, I told hım that nothıng much can do here at nıght as most of the shops are closed and very few people ın the pub, he even asked me to sıt here and offered me some drınks for the whole nıght. GOSHHHHH. how nıce he ıs!!!!But I just went back to my pensıon afterwards, dont feel good for havıng so much of free stuffs, though thats what I usually do ın Auckland.
On the next day, I actually dıdnt do much, just walked around agaın, then back to Antalya.
After thıs trıp, I have learnt so many new Turkısh terms as I was alone, and needed to ask for everythıng by myself. I also knew a lot of really cool and hospıtable Turkısh people, they are just awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some of them even gave me a call and asked me to remember them, and ıf I am at theır cıtıes, do contact them.
I LOVE TURKISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oops... Gotta start my next class now. see you

1 comment:

meilee said...

Isaac~~it seems like a great trip!!~~I wish i was there with you as welllllllllll~~