Monday, April 9, 2007

Mission Bay, Auckland Museum

Since I am in holidays now, I just grab this golden opportunity to explore all the places in Auckland. Yesterday, I went to Mission Bay, a very famous beach here with my Malaysian friends in Grafton Hall, all of them doing biomedicine, =.=". Anyway, we went for Dim Sum as lunch, and ate so much food, with an incredible high price. Then, we took the bus to reach Mission Bay, we planned to visit the Underwater World as well, but since my friend say no polar bear there, so I gave up, because I am interested with polar bear, hehe.. However, when reaching there, nothing amazed me. For me, I think some beaches in Malaysia much better, but maybe because it is the only nice beach in Auckland, and Auckland has too many boats, and make it a bit polluted. There is a story in Auckland, people who owning a sail or a boat, are much more than people owing a car on the land, therefore Auckland is known as 'City of Sails', u can see the incredible number of sails on the sea when u go through the harbor. .All are my Malaysian friends in Grafton doing biomedicine, except me, @.@Rangitoto Island as my backgroundMy friend suggested us to jump togetherMany birds are flying on the beachThen, we have some very nice ice cream in Movenpick, and finally walked about 1.5 hours to back to Grafton, incredible for walking so long? Hehe...

Another day, I went to Auckland Museum. It sounds incredible because I even didn't visit the Malaysia Museum. But, this museum is really incredible and u can find amazing stuffs here, theree storeys, 1 is culture(Maori and European), 1 is natural history(animals and geography, earthquake, u can even feel the earthquake house here!! 1 is about the wars). Auckland Museum is located in Auckland Domain, just like a spectacular building on huge field(equal to 9 football fields). I am lazy to tell the story of the museum, just see pics.Issac in Maori house.Maori carving, u wanna have some?Maori people's old sail.I don't know what the hell is this.Maori people(special race in NZ) traditional house.This is a real human who was trapped in volcano a few thousands year ago, INCREDIBLE!!!This is not a common wood, there are few footprints of the ancients.Tallest bird in the world, but is extinct now.Polar bearNZ national animal, Kiwi Birds.Bird groups in the museum!!! Fighter planeOld people telescope.European carving.NZ is England colony, so it is commonwealth country like Malaysia. NZ old street, Issac is going to the barber shop, waiting in a motel lobby.
End of the trip of museum, the best museum I have ever been!!!

At night, we wanted to go to the Chocolate Boutique in Parnell(famous place with extremely nice European architecture). But unfortunately it was not opened due to Easter Sunday, so we just walked around this nice place, then we walked in total 3 hours!!! Grafton=>NewMarket=>Parnell=>Downtown=>Harbor=>Queenstreet=>K.Road=>Grafton, I think it is the longest distance I have ever walked. Tomorrow will go some other place. Good night, damn tired now

No comments: