Sunday, April 29, 2007

sad day

I am not being Auckland this place very long, only about 2 months. However, now I already facing the situation which is going to say goodbye. One of my best friend here, XueYing from Beijing University is going to be back today. Therefore, we had a nice dinner yesterday with her, in a chinese restaurant. XueYing, Ritu and Wafa went together. Before going my friend just said are u guys going to have a international meeting or what? because is just a weird combination, a Chinese from China, a French, a Indian, and a Malaysian. Haha.. I just feel funny with that. But the funniest part is in the restaurant, my French friend and the Indian friend keep asking about the menu, like they ask what's kai lan(1 kind of vegetable), Yeong Zhao chao fan(yeong zhao fried rice),
Wafa(French): What's Yeong Zhao?
Issac: A place in China
Wafa: Why the name of a place appear on the menu?
Issac: Because that place is special with fried rice
Wafa: How special it is?
Issac and waiter: it is more yummy
Wafa: that means other place cant cook nice fried rice?
Issac and waiter: ............. =.="
There is just a long conversation and so funny when ordering and all of us are laughing, all the others just stare at us. More funny part is they try to use chopstick, Ritu keep trying it and finally successfully pick up a pea. However, Wafa gave up and just use the fork and knife eat the fried rice and vegetable. This is the first time I have ever seen people use fork and knife eat fried rice and chinese vegetable.. Hahaha... XueYing, Ritu, Issac and Wafa(weird combination)
All of them are not usual people, XueYing is student in Beijing University doing phD now, studying in what epidemiology(hear the name also feel headache), she is invited here to do some research topic, and her research essay is going to be published in a medical magazine very soon, INCREDIBLE!!! Ritu is a health science master student, Wafa is a master student as well in France university, have a contract with Auckland University to teach French, so she is a lecturer here. =.=". Only me, I am not anything, haha.....
Today is the last day meeting with her, all of us with an upset face, just say hate saying goodbye. We just staying with her about 2 hours, all only chatting, and left our works. Finally, she is really gone. I have never expected this kind of moment came that soon, I know it will keep coming, because some of my best friends are going to leave after this semester. But I just dont like it...

No comments: