Friday, May 4, 2007

Graduation Day

Today is the graduation day for many faculties in my university, like Business School, Department of Engineering, Science and don't know what else. When I am on my way to my lectures, many graduates wearing the gown, holding flowers, leading their relatives and friends, walking around the university, with a bright smile, take picture with every part of the university. My friend said:"I hope after 4 months, I will be one of them." He is a final semester student, fighting with the final toughest papers and wish to be graduated on September. However, a lot of things cross my mind. What does it mean by "graduation", it means we finish our study, get ready to contribute to the society? Or it is the end of a stage and we have to go to another stage, like working, bright future? Look at the street, a few hundreds students are graduated. Each year a university has about 1000 students graduated. How many universities in this world? Can you calculate the total number of graduates each year? Does it mean all are guaranteed have a bright future? With a successful career? Actually all are just a question mark.. I read an article before, at a positive side, alot of people clapping hands for the graduates, proud with them because a group of quality and energetic teenagers are gonna contribute for the society. On the other hand, another group of people are worried because the unemployment rate of the society is gonna increase again. It sounds funny but has really reflected the truth. A lot of people crazy for the certificate, but actually does it mean anything? It is just not a key that guarantees we can open the right door. U are not outstanding, or you are not anything among a few hundred thousands of them because all are having "the same paper" with you. You wanna be outstanding? Have to depend on yourselves, no anyone will help you, or guide you, this is a real and cruel society. I wish that I could stand out among the ordinary on one day, and YOU as well... Good Luck to everyone here, all pre-graduates.....

No comments: