Sunday, March 4, 2007

Chinese Lantern Festival and Kaweau Island

I should post this yesterday but my hostel blocked our connection to scan our system or what, stupid. Last night there was a Chinese Lantern Festival which was located in Albert Park, just beside my university. I go with Dana, Mila, and Mila's boyfriend. Once being there, just feel so many people there, of course not only Chinese, but also Western people. I just crazy there for all the Chinese food stalls. Do u know how desperate I am for all the chinese food??? I just bought all siew mai, bun, satay, and bubble tea. Although, the food taste normal, but is is just good enough for me. There are many chinese acrobatic performance in the park. But I just kept looking around at the beautiful lanterns. Here are some of them===



They have also chinese quiz there, my friend got so many and won 2 bowls of rice balls and a gift. But I? cant guess even 1, hmm.... anyway, It is quite nice, and happy with today.
Today early morning, my hostel has organized a boat trip to Kawau Island, all of them going since it is FREE!!! Actually we need to walk to the harbor that need about 45 minutes. But luckily my friend, Toby and Jason said they will drive to there and saved the time for walking, but we just have no parking and almost miss the boat, just ran for it like crazy people.. Luckily get over there on time and chat around on the boat. We even play some games on the boat and really get fun so much. Let me introduce my friends of my hostel here, from up to down, from left to right, they are Jason, Ivy, Toby, Cherry, Barry, Mila, me and Nic, only I am from Malaysia, and the rest most are from Hong Kong. Here are some scenes on the journey. Not really nice actually, However, once being there, I just ask:" Why we want to come to this deserted island?" It is so ugly and I never see such a sucks island before. I have no idea why I need to be here. The bay is not sandy and slippery, just have a lot branches on the beach, make me no mood, but we also have walk around, but no swimming please with this beach.
Haha... We are refugees who swim to New Zealand and stay in cave!

On the way going back, we just playing some mahjong. All the people in the boat just chatting or taking a nap, only us are blik blik blap blap playing the mahjong, so funny. But u know? My friends who are from Hong Kong just really show their talent and I am just a junior for them. Hehe... Have to learn mahjong well.. Haiz.. gotta start studying tomorrow, so bad....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

好幸福类~没去多久就玩了很多地方,呵呵,我是中国人中比较笨的一个,不会玩麻将also~