Sunday, February 25, 2007

Picnic Day

I should post it last night, but just exhausted for going out the whole day. First and foremost, we went to Long Bay Beach in don't know which part of Auckland. We took about 45 minutes to get over there. The view is so nice when crossing the bridge to another island, you can see the Auckland city and the beach with a lot of sails, but unfortunately we could not take a picture, try to get it next time. It is so windy there and very nice. We just played volleyball and some of the others and have some BBQ for lunch. But one thing you have to know here, BBQ for western people is not like we think, not have some chicken wings, sausages yourself and roast it yourself. It is just a meal that they have well-prepared for us and give to at that moment, I really let them za dou!!! Then of course playing water in the sea. It is so damn nice, because it was the first time I in the water at about17C, so cold u know? I am just keep shaking when got up from the water. Allow me to introduce my new friends here, all of them are from Hong Kong, from second left is Josephine, Amos, Cherry, Jackie, and I.

After a quick dinner, we went to Auckland Domain which is very near with my hostel, there will be a night concert called as Starlight Symphony. It is a charity show which is organized by Skycity(A company here). It is very meaningful, because the show is so nice!!! The singers are so talented and all the people in Auckland just could gather together, having picnic while enjoying the show with family and friends, it is so warm and fun!! People there are even Europeans, When there is a dancing performance, all the couple, or even friends, just dance together, the scene is really warm and you can feel it. After that, was the fireworks performance, I swear here, this is the best fireworks I have ever seen in my life. Auckland is just a very nice place, the Kiwis are so friendly. Their lives are enjoying all the time, they have no pressure, not working long, will go for picnic in the weekend, love environment, they are just great and proud to be Kiwis, I have really felt the Auckland people life today...

No comments: