Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Great dinner

Today I have enjoyed a greatest dinner since I am being here. U know? Eating out in NZ is very expensive, so normally I will take the meal in my hostel since it is catered. We have a floor dinner today, which means all the residents in my second floor go out for a dinner together, the aim is to know each other better wo... First of all, we have to walk about 30 minute to the Italian restaurant!!! U know people here are just crazy and love walking. When being there, I almost exhausted already!!! Then, we have some Italian food, like pizza, pasta and all those things for dinner. At that moment, I just know all my "floor-mate" background roughly.

Let me try to introduce them although not remember all even their names, haha...
1. Emily from California, ?? from Korea, then 2 Indian girls and I from Malaysia, a few girls from Korea also, Mila from HK, Nic from China, Toby from Taiwan, Amanda from UK, and some of the others from New Zealand. I still remember their names, haha... Then, Mila, Toby, Nic and I are closest friend since we are speaking same language= Chinese. Then the Korean girl, Euna just asks us:" Are you from a same country? Why 4 of u are so close?" When we say we all are from different countries, she just gets shocked, haha..

Then, we went to a MANA gallery, it is a chocolate cafe with all the chocolate products, like cake and drinks. The decoration there is very nice, classic, and elegant. We have some drinks and chatting around. The atmosphere is just so great when all the people who are from all over the world, with different color of skin, sit together around a round table and have a nice chat about each other cultures. All my friends here, even Asians they normally have been staying in NZ for quite a few years, or even born here, so can speak English very well, just the background very geng la... U know? All the people there are so interested with me because I was speaking a same language to the Hong Konger, then speak another language to the Taiwanese. So, I have to explain them the history of Chinese coming to Malaysia. Then they will say, u are so geng, can speak four languages, or even say that they hope to be in Malaysia. But how they understand my difficulty when listening their English. But I think I can get used to it and so far so good. Some more, my friend Amanda from UK doing English Literature here, say that I can speak quite well and encourage me to speak more to her. All the people here will also slow down their speed. I know I am quite worse, but Malaysian ma... However, I am really touched since they did so for me.

After that, when going to the hostel, all of us crazy to wanna get the limited bathrooms, only 4 are here. Then, we chat when taking a bath. I need to mention here is guys and girls are sharing the bathroom, which means all the guys and girls are chatting while taking a bath, very funny right? haha... Today is quite a happy day and I really know more with my friends here, thanks to them. Almost step in to the autumn, below 20C the whole day, quite cold and good luck to u guys. But unfortunately, no picture has been taken here, if I got it from my friends will post it here.

No comments: