Wednesday, February 21, 2007

What a tiring day?

Kia Ora anyone, this is the first Maori word I know, it means welcome. It was the second day in Auckland, early morning after the breakfast, I went to the university for the first time. It is really far away from my hostel, need about 20 minutes walking time. In the university, I verify for my account. U have to know that all the stuffs here all are done by online. I need to search my subjects, then choose the time and the class, confirm them and just go for it after that, no anyone u need to meet with or u need to fill in any form. It sounds interesting but I really meet some problem here because of my stupid account. I think gotta update it tomorrow. I also open a bank account here. U know? There is a bank free 40 bucks for us who open the bank account. Can you believe it? I just fast fast go for it, mm oi zap shu ar... haha.. But here has just so many things are going on, a lot of students ask us to join a lot of things, and get a lot of free stuffs, I have got 1 tin tuna, 1 pepsi, chocolate, hot dog and don't remember.. It is hard to get free things here u know? hehe... And the students here are so friendly, just much more than enough. When we just passed by there, they said to us:"Hey guys! how's the first week in the university? Can you find the building? Do you enjoy yourself here? You can see me anytime for anything!" Their friendly is just a bit over and I think I need some time to get used to it.

In the evening, 5 of us, the friends here who are from Malaysia and Singapore, Emmie, Kevin, Marilee, Hannah and I going to the city to get daily necessities. going by the free bus here, not the school bus, is a city bus for everyone but free. The city here is called Queenstreet, just like the Bukit Bintang in Malaysia. We went to Warehouse and Foodtown where are famous because of their price here. I went to buy many things, include the food, tell u 1 thing here which is very funny. The milk here is even cheaper than water!!! 1 litre water is about 2.50 NZD, but for the milk is only 1.70 NZD, so funny u know? Besides that, I observe that people working here are consist of many different people, example, I saw Indians, Chinese, Black people, Maori(race who only in NZ who have a much bigger size than Asians, darker than Latin Americans), etc. I mean NZ is a country which totally consist by many races, you can see many Asians are here. Not only the shops here, even in customs. Anyway, after that we walked back from there to my hostel, it is so long way, took about 45 minutes. I was so tired after the whole journey. However, when I told the others in my Hall, they said is quite common. Ya.. I think walking here is really common, even such long time, I really need to get used to it.

At night, I just went to my Hong Kong friend's room with my bread as dinner, so I do not need to be alone and just chat with her. Even in the dinning room to have some chocolates, I just have nice chatting with her, and a German girl. I need to say here that the people here, are just so friendly, no matter they know you or not, will just say Hi to you and talk a lot with you. When I was on the university street today, a guy came over and said:"How are you here? How's your first week in Uni? How's everything? You can just come to see me for anything." Just over friendly till I get shocked.

That's about today and gotta sleep early. Ya... For people who wants to contact me, this is my address= 40, Seafield View Road, Grafton, Auckland, 1023, New Zealand. For my cell phone number, 6402102486055. You can just contact me directly with this number. However, please don't call me because calling here is charged for both sides, so better for sms, ok? It's late cold late night here, only about 17C. Bye guys.

No comments: